GUARANTEES AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Linguamatic S.A. is a private company. It is also accredited by the Cervantes Institute and other institutions. Head Office: LINGUAMATIC S.A., C/ Elfo 118, 28027 Madrid, Spain. Tax Identification Code (CIF) A-78341682.
LINGUAMATIC S.A. is registered in the Mercantile Registry of Madrid, Volume 2611, Section 148, Page Nº M-45391, Inscription: 1ª.
- Linguamatic S.A. guarantees that all descriptions of programs, accommodation, and complementary services in the 2017 dates/prices brochure are accurate (any and all special arrangements and/or agreements should be set in writing and signed by Linguamatic S.A.).
- The personnel in charge of airport pick-up and transportation to accommodation are insured, completely familiar with the area and know exactly where the students are to be dropped off.
- Linguamatic S.A. reserves the right to use all photos and videos taken during the student’s stay.
- Any complaints must be submitted in writing and within the first 24 hours. This ensures that we can take care of the issue as soon as possible and seek a quick resolution. Only complaints made during the student’s stay have the right to any possible compensation, refund or changes. Any complaints made after departure will only be accepted as suggestions in order to improve our services.
- A personalized certificate will be issued for studies in accordance with the guidelines established by the Instituto Cervantes and the current legislation regulating non-accredited education.
- This certificate will contain the name of the course taken, course level and number of hours completed. The name of the school in which the class(es) were given, dates of enrollment and level achieved will also be included.
- This certificate is not valid as an official document in accordance with the legislation regulating non-accredited education.
- Course verification will only be issued to students who attend at least 85% of their classes.
- All 6 months and 9 months courses include the fee for the official certificate of Instituto Cervantes. The exam will be held in our centre.
- For registrations received a week or less prior to the beginning of a course, Linguamatic S.A. does not guarantee the type of accommodation desired and requested by the student; priority is given to students who register further in advance.
- In the event that a student is not satisfied with the assigned accommodation for any justifiable reason, the student may move to another accommodation of the same type (up to 3 changes allowed). Students wishing to change accommodation arrangements should notify the person in charge during their first week of the program.
- If a student decides that he/she wants to postpone or take a break from any program for unjustified personal reasons, he/she will lose any right to a monetary refund, and the course will not be made up.
- The student will be charged for property damages caused either intentionally or through negligence.
- If there is damage and no one is directly responsible, the cost of repairs will be divided among all students in the apartment or residence.
- At Linguamatic S.A. respect for others and for the rules is essential for our programs to run smoothly. Students’ failure to follow the rules established will be grounds for keeping their accommodation guarantee deposit. Some examples of behaviors that merit forfeit of the accommodation deposit include: having guests stay overnight, making loud noises, smoking in bedrooms, having parties, the consumption of alcohol, the consumption of any narcotic or harmful substance, any other conduct that Linguamatic S.A. management considers inappropriate.
- In the case of a serious disciplinary offence or repeated bad behavior, the student will be expelled from the accommodation contracted with Linguamatic S.A. without the right to a refund.
- Apartments and student residences may be substituted by other types of accommodation, at the same price, during the high season.
- If you reserve a shared double room (shared with another student) and there is no other student with whom you can share the room, we reserve the right to change your room at any time.
GENERAL COURSE CANCELLATIONS/CHANGES LINGUAMATIC COURSES CANCELLATIONS
- All program fees must be paid at least 4 weeks prior to arrival otherwise Linguamatic S.A. reserves the right to cancel the student’s placement.
- The 25% OF THE TOTAL PRICE will not be returned for any cancellations made.
- All refunds, under any circumstances, include an administration fee to cover the administrative costs of processing a refund (a minimum of € 65 / $ 90)., along with the standard fee for reservation changes (9% + € 150 / $200). Refunds of less than € 100 will be paid via check issued in Spain at no extra cost if the student is still in Spain. If the student is outside of Spain, the refund will be paid by bank transfer and will include a minimum € 35 administration fee.
- All students who wish to cancel their program (course and/or accommodation) prior to arrival should notify Linguamatic S.A. in writing by fax, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or letter. Cancellations not received via one of the 3 aforementioned means will not be accepted.
- In no case whatsoever will a refund be made for the cost of the program or accommodation once the program has started (except if the refund guarantee has been purchased).
AIRPORT PICK-UP SERVICES
- Flight information (place, date, hour and flight number) must be confirmed in writing at least one week prior to arrival. Otherwise, Linguamatic S.A. will not be held responsible for picking-up the student at the airport and there will be no refund.
- If the student cancels airport pick-up service less than one week prior to arrival, he/she will lose the right to a refund of the cost of that service.
- In the event of any delay or changes in flight information without previous notification, Linguamatic S.A. will not be held responsible for picking-up the student at the airport and there will be no refund.
- Please check our web site www.linguamatic/thespanishyouneed.com for updated holiday information before planning your trip to Spain.
- Lessons missed due to national or local holidays will not be made up or refunded.
USEFUL INFORMATION VISAS FOR SPAIN
- Citizens of countries belonging to the European Union do not need a Visa to enter Spain.
- Students coming from other countries should obtain information regarding the requirements for obtaining a Visado (Visa) at their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.
The certificates that accredit and confirm the enrollment in a Spanish program at Linguamatic S.A. can only be signed, sealed and sent by people authorized by Linguamatic S.A., who will not be responsible for rejected visa applications, as these certificates do not hold any official validity, but serve only as confirmation of a course to be taken at one of our schools. Such documents will only be sent to cover the amount of course time initially contracted by the tudent.Linguamatic S.A. will send out, free of charge and to any student who asks for them, the following documents (if and only if the total cost of the program has been paid):
- Confirmation of the Spanish program chosen by the student.
- Invoice for the total cost of the program in question (course + accommodation).
- In the event that the student should urgently need the originals of any of these documents, Linguamatic S.A. will send them and charge the cost of express mail to the student.
- If a student visa is rejected Linguamatic S.A. will charge the student € 100 per invitation letter sent. The student must show Linguamatic S.A. formal proof (original copy) that their visa application has been rejected in order to receive the refund. If this copy is not received by Linguamatic S.A., 100% of the cost of the program will be charged.
- Students are not covered for any illnesses, accidents, loss of personal property (at their accommodation nor in or out of the classroom). Linguamatic S.A. recommends the use of optional insurance, which is available to all students who wish to purchase it.
- Upon signing the registration form or paying the program fees, the student accepts all of the conditions described above. If, under any circumstances, uncontrollable by Linguamatic S.A., accommodation prices increase, Linguamatic S.A. will notify the student ahead of said changes. This price list supersedes the previously existing price list and is valid from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 for all programs taking place between these two dates. Linguamatic S.A. is not responsible for typographical errors and/or misprints contained in this brochure. Printed in August 2016 and subject to change. Update scheduled for September 2016. Find the most accurate version online.